Abby - Part II - Two for the price of One!

As we learned from the previous blog entry back in July, Abby is a young, up and coming model here in the Bakersfield area.  I thought she did brilliantly in our first session together so I rang her up to return for a second set, and she happily agreed.  Since our last shoot I had made some considerable improvements in the studio itself, the gear and with my techniques as well so I was enthused to try and improve upon the first shoot with these new things in hand.

The results were excellent - She was much more relaxed this time around (though still quiet as a mouse) - she got right into it  and we developed a very good flow during the session- so we managed to get a very high percentage of "keepers".  It was very clear that she was confident and improving her skills in addition to being more comfortable.   She had also grown her hair out and had a little different look than before with the style of wardrobe she brought - all things that added extra elements of interest to the end results!  One thing that I had not anticipated however, was not one - but two surprises arrived on my doorstep as she did...

She showed up with her entire family!  Dad, Mom, multiple sisters, multiple brothers, a friend of hers and maybe a grandma or something, I can't recall now as I was completely overwhelmed as it seemed like about 10 people to me at the time!  ha ha  Her friend, Lorena added to the confusion on my part as it was clear she wasn't a sister (by lack of resemblance), but also because she was dressed in a cheerleading outfit and had these captivating, large amazing eyes!  In the back of my mind upon seeing here I was thinking I would really like to shoot her too, but was not sure how to go about asking as this was Abby's session time and I am by nature not a pushy person.  Luckily I didn't have to ask, as they approached me to see if it would be permitted for her to have a few images created as well.  She was very nervous and I had to work hard to keep her from looking that way, but we did get some very nice images in the few we shot!



Abby is however, still so young and new at this - for the first time ever I offered for her to come back another day and view the entire shoot on my Mac in Lightroom so she could see the things that are working for her, and those things which are not and learn from it in order to improve.    The side benefit of this was that she actually helped me rate them and cull through them to a select, final group of images.  It's not something I would ever normally do, but she is very nice and I really want to help her learn, and find the success she's looking for!  Happily, the whole family did not come back for this as I would never have room for them all in my office!

At some point in the future, I'm sure we will work together again.  I would not hesitate to ask her back for any fashion/catalog/commercial work that comes along down the road.  She arrives on time, does the job well and sometimes even brings along a few surprises!

TWO FOR ONE



Comments